Wind Causing Damage
- Photos of wind damage across Greene County.
- Album ID: 1857457
- Photos by Sun Staff
Meeting Jack Hanna
- Hundreds of people met individually with celebrity zookeeper Jack Hanna before and after his "Into the Wild Live" show at the Niswonger Performing Arts Center on Oct. 12. Winners of Jones Media and The Greeneville Sun's "Cutest Pet or Critter Contest" also met Puffy the Penguin and other live animals in Hanna's troupe. Hanna's show was sponsored by Jones Media and the Sun. All photos Copyright © 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING CO.
- Album ID: 1856874
- Photos by Brian Cutshall
Cutest Pet Contest: Grand Prize Winners Drawn
- Lisa Cornwell of Afton won a family vacation to Orlando, Florida, in the grand prize drawings of Jones Media and The Greeneville Sun's "Cutest Pet or Critter Contest' held Oct. 12 at the General Morgan Inn in Greeneville. Dana Davis of Niota won four tickets to Ripley’s Aquarium in Gatlinburg, while Dawn Presley of Maryville received four tickets to the Columbus (Ohio) Zoo and Aquarium. Others participating in the grand prize drawing were Melanee Johnson of Etowah, Mary Ann Collins of Loudon, Torrie Green of Parrottsville and Danielle Williams of Rogersville, all in Tennessee, and Whitney Ward of West Jefferson, North Carolina. All had submitted their pet photos or voted online in the contest, co-sponsored locally by Food City and Animal Medical Center of Greeneville. All photos Copyright Â© 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING CO.
- Album ID: 1856796
NPAC: Jack Hanna's 'Into the Wild Live'
- Jack Hanna presented his “Into the Wild Live” show to a sold-out audience at the Niswonger Performing Arts Center in Greeneville on Sunday.The famed zookeeper and media personality presented about a dozen animals onstage, relating stories and facts about them, and showing four brief video segments, mostly from his “Into the Wild” television program that airs locally on Saturdays at 7:30 a.m. on WAPK-TV (Comcast Channel 7). The NPAC show was sponsored by Jones Media and The Greeneville Sun. Photos Copyright © 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING CO.
- Album ID: 1856760
- Photos by Jim Kidd
Applachian Mornin', One Photo
- The mountains in Greene County looked beautiful in Greene County on Oct. 3, 2014. Photos Copyright © 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING CO.
- Album ID: 1853086
- Photos by Darren Reese
British Cars Line Depot Street
- The Smoky Mountain Jaguar Club's 2014 Concours d'Elegance was held along Greeneville’s Depot Street on Sept. 20, 2014. The Asbury Chili Peppers Relay for Life Team helped run the event. Proceeds benefited the American Cancer Society. All photos Copyright © 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING CO.
- Album ID: 1849990
- Photos by Wesley Massey
Shop With A Cop
- The local "Shop With A Cop" program raised $3,600 in a fundraiser held outside the Greeneville Wal-Mart on Sept. 13, 2014. A similar fundraiser was scheduled for Oct. 25, 2014, at Lowe's Home Improvement in Greeneville. All photos Copyright © 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING CO.
- Album ID: 1846759
- Photos by Wesley Massey
Myers Receives 'Quilt of Valor'
- In August, Greene County Quilters presented Billy Myers with a Quilt of Valor to honor his military service. The lifelong Mosheim resident, who served more than three decades as that town's mayor, received the quilt at Life Care Center of Greeneville. Myers reached the rank of master sergeant, served during the occupation of Japan following World War II and throughout the Korean War. All photos Copyright © 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING CO.
- Album ID: 1845867
'Medal of Honor' Recipients Arrive in Blackhawk Helicopter, Address Local High Schoolers
'Medal of Honor' Recipients Address City and County High Schoolers